PLEASE SCROLL DOWN
1. They must be licensed by the Structural Pest Control Board (Board) as an Operator or be in the process of obtaining an Operator's license.
• A registered company must have a Qualifying Manager in order to operate. Business and Profession Code, Section 8506.2 states "a 'qualifying manager' is the licensed operator or operators designated by a registered company to supervise the daily business of the company and to be available to supervise and assist the company's employees."
• They must be licensed by the Board as an Operator. The Operator's license must be in the branch or branches of pest control in which they operate their business.
2. Must be a Registered Company by The Structural Pest Control Board.
3. Be Insured and Bonded:
Insurance: The Structural Pest Control Act, Business and Professions Code, Section 8692, requires registered companies to maintain a minimum of $500,000 in general liability insurance.
Bond: The Structural Pest Control Act, Business and Professions Code, Section 8697, requires registered companies to maintain a bond executed by an admitted surety insurer in the amount of $12,500.
The practice of structural pest control includes the engaging in, offering to engage in, advertising for, soliciting, or the performance of any of the following:
• Identification of infestations or infections.
• The making of an inspection for the purpose of identifying or attempting to identify infestations or infections of household or other structures by such pests or organisms.
• The making of inspection reports, recommendations, estimates, and bids, whether oral or written, with respect to such infestation or infections.
• The making of contracts, or the submitting of bids for, or the performance of any work including the making of structural repairs or replacements, or the use of pesticides, insecticides, rodenticides, fumigants, or allied chemicals or substances, or mechanical devices for the purpose of eliminating, exterminating, controlling or preventing infestations or infections of such pests, or organisms.